[yocto] Booting .hddimg from USB failed -> ramdisk not found /dev/ram0 - HELP!

Simon Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:59:52 PST 2015

Thank you Nick. I will try that, but this is not the point. I am trying to
figure out why
*bitbake core-image-sato *
does not create /dev/ram nodes, although linux-yocto has them defiined in
.config file.

I also created:
mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux_yocto_3.4.bbapend
mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux_yocto_3.10.bbapend
mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/linux_yocto_3.14.bbapend

with the following content:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += "file://ramdisk.cfg"

and
mylayer/recipes-kernel/linux/files/ramdisk.cfg

with content:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=16
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096

and afterwards run the commands:
bitbake linux-yocto -c cleansstate
bitbake linux-yocto
bitbake core-image-sato

again. Same result, no /dev/ram nodes under rootfs.

What am i doing wrong?

thank you
simon:-)