[yocto] [oe] meta-selinux

Maxin John maxin at maxinbjohn.info
Thu Feb 12 06:55:58 PST 2015

Hi Ross,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 11 February 2015 at 21:39, Joe MacDonald <Joe_MacDonald at mentor.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> > What's more likely happening I suspect is that you are on a newer
>> > branch/revision of OE-Core/Poky than the meta-selinux maintainers have
>> > tested.
>> > I can't speak to the maintenance schedule for meta-selinux but maybe
>> > others
>> > with knowledge there can chime in.
>>
>> Our master tends to lag behind oe-core's master for a few reasons, but
>> none of them are really insurmountable.  Certainly the intent is that
>> meta-selinux/master will build successfully with oe-core/master at any
>> given time.
>

> The yocto-autobuilder software is in git and I heartily recommend it (or
> similar, if you've a buildbot allergy) for anyone maintaining layers.  Just
> the simple act of running a build every night to verify that the layer works
> with the latest master branch (and stable branches for bonus points) means
> that problems like stale bbappends are rapidly found and resolved.  For even
> more bonus points, also do builds against master-next if that branch exists
> so you can get notification of changes that are in review.

While I don't have anything against the autobuilder, the images built with
meta-selinux like "core-image-selinux" had a "labeling" phase which requires
it to boot - twice
Once for labeling and later for booting like any other normal image.

Do anyone care to share a way around this "difficulty" in automatically testing
selinux or am I wrong here ?

> Ross

Best Regards,
Maxin