[yocto] [oe] meta-selinux

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Feb 12 03:19:25 PST 2015

On 11 February 2015 at 21:39, Joe MacDonald <Joe_MacDonald at mentor.com>
wrote:

> > What's more likely happening I suspect is that you are on a newer
> > branch/revision of OE-Core/Poky than the meta-selinux maintainers have
> tested.
> > I can't speak to the maintenance schedule for meta-selinux but maybe
> others
> > with knowledge there can chime in.
>
> Our master tends to lag behind oe-core's master for a few reasons, but
> none of them are really insurmountable.  Certainly the intent is that
> meta-selinux/master will build successfully with oe-core/master at any
> given time.

The yocto-autobuilder software is in git and I heartily recommend it (or
similar, if you've a buildbot allergy) for anyone maintaining layers.  Just
the simple act of running a build every night to verify that the layer
works with the latest master branch (and stable branches for bonus points)
means that problems like stale bbappends are rapidly found and resolved.
For even more bonus points, also do builds against master-next if that
branch exists so you can get notification of changes that are in review.

Ross