[yocto] dizzy NUC missing wifi firmware

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Wed Feb 11 03:31:51 PST 2015

For the NUC, core-image-base seems to only include in /lib/firmware the ucode for the processor and the wifi firmware for the 6000 family of WiFi half-PCIe card adapters.  I found with an n-135 wifi card there is no iwlwifi-135.6.ucode.

I can manually add that firmware file or include all the linux-firmware in my build:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " linux-firmware"

What would be the correct way of including just the iwlwifi-135-ucode-18.168.6.1.tgz firmware??

Jim A