[yocto] Issues with vardeps

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Tue Feb 10 17:59:10 PST 2015

I encounter issues when using vardeps on do_install.

I have a recipe with a do_install function and want to do stuff inside
based on a specific DISTRO_FEATURE.

<-->if
${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES','my-production','true','false',d)};
then
<-->else
<-->fi

I have a distro file where I inject a specific VARIABLE in the
DISTRO_FEATURES:

BUILD_TYPE ?= "production"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " my-${BUILD_TYPE}"

In order to force the dependency of do_install on DISTRO_FEATURES, I use:
do_install[vardeps] += "DISTRO_FEATURES"

For whatever reason this doesn't work as expected. To be more specifically,
it works for 2-3 changes of BUILD_TYPE (in local.conf) and then it just
ignores the BUILD_TYPE changes. I checked the dumpsig and after 2-3 changes
of BUILD_TYPE the hash of the last sig file doesn't change anymore even
though DISTRO_FEATURES is there.

http://pastebin.com/8AFxb4FZ

Any idea why do I get this behavior? Is this a known issue or do I miss
something? What I want to accomplish is to force do_install every-time
DISTRO_FEATURES changes.

--
*Andrei Gherzan*