[yocto] DHCP kernel 2.6.35

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Thu Dec 10 07:00:02 PST 2015

Edward,

What image is it that you are building?  The core-image-minimal image doesn't have anything included for hotplug support.  So if the Ethernet connection is not there on initial boot, you're out of luck unless you manually restart networking on the device or reboot it.  You can either use ifplugd in Busybox or connman.  Note that if you add ifplugd for Busybox that it doesn’t come with an init script and you'll have to generate one.  I found it easier to download the original ifplugd source (located here: http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/#download) and make my own package from it than to use Busybox's version.  If your image has a lot more features on it than are present in core-image-minimal, connman may be more appropriate.  On my system I didn't want to pull in all the dependencies required for connman so ifplugd was more appropriate.

Regards,
Bryan