[yocto] DHCP kernel 2.6.35

ed ed at disignconsultants.com
Wed Dec 9 01:05:42 PST 2015

Hi,

Regards the Yocto 2.6.35 kernel I have two questions; this is for an imx28;

1) What if anything is responsible for getting a new DHCP lease (and IP
address) after it expires or misses the initial lease? If the Ethernet
cable is plugged in post booting up, the device never gets an address. I
have to manually use udhcpc. How does embedded Linux cater for this?

2) Based on the imx28_evk which has eth0, eth1 and Wan0, our board only
uses eth0. Which file do I need to edit to remove eth1 and wan0?

Thanks,

Edward.

--
Disign Consultants
*t*: +44 (0) 207 544 8486

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message
and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the
contents to any other person.