[yocto] Toaster Problem

Martin Townsend mtownsend1973 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:39:57 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying out a production instance of toaster, I'm following the
instructions from here

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/toaster-manual/toaster-manual.html#toaster-setting-up-a-production-instance-of-toaster

I managed to get toaster up and running but had to adjust a few things
which you might want to correct in the documentation:

1) virtualenv package doesn't exist in Ubuntu 14.04 had to use
python-virtualenv
2) You need python headers later so add python-dev to list of packages to
install
3) After cloning poky there should be a cd poky before checking out a
branch.
4) SECRET_KEY, it would be nice to know what this is used for, what
characters is can contain, ie can it contain spaces.
5) In the mysql part is states we are creating a database called toaster
but in the settings.py we specify toaster_main one of them needs correcting.
6) Before calling ./bitbake/lib/toaster/manage.py syncdb --migrate maybe it
should link to 3.5 and state that you should create a Django super user
first.
7)There's a typo in the Apache toaster.conf s/toastern_wsgi/toaster_wsgi/
8) Build runner service is wrong, there needs to be the poky directory
involved somewhere, either cd /var/www/toaster/poky or we call
./poky/bitbake/toaster/manage.py

Even with all this I can't get it to build, creating a project based on
fido 1.8 and trying to build core-image-lsb I get

2015-12-08 10:27:57,705 DEBUG localhostbecontroller, our git repos are
{(u'git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-yocto', u'fido'): [(u'meta-yocto',
                                                        u'meta-yocto'),
                                                       (u'meta-yocto-bsp',
                                                        u'meta-yocto-bsp')],
 (u'git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky', u'fido'): [('bitbake', u'bitbake'),
                                                 (u'openembedded-core',
                                                  u'meta')]}
2015-12-08 10:27:57,705 DEBUG lbc_shellcmmd: () git remote -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/bldcontrol/management/commands/runbuilds.py",
line 60, in schedule
    bec.triggerBuild(br.brbitbake_set.all(), br.brlayer_set.all(),
br.brvariable_set.all(), br.brtarget_set.all())
  File "/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/bldcontrol/localhostbecontroller.py",
line 282, in triggerBuild
    self.setLayers(bitbake, layers, targets)
  File "/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/bldcontrol/localhostbecontroller.py",
line 150, in setLayers
    for remotes in self._shellcmd("git remote -v",
self.be.sourcedir).split("\n"):
  File "/var/www/toaster/poky/bitbake/lib/toaster/bldcontrol/localhostbecontroller.py",
line 59, in _shellcmd
    p = subprocess.Popen(command, cwd = cwd, shell=True,
stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''

 in the console.

Any idea whats going wrong?

Cheers,

Martin.