[yocto] Build from local mirror GCC recipe

Ilya Katsnelson ikatsnelson at vmem.com
Thu Dec 3 10:57:17 PST 2015

I'm trying to figure out how to convince Yocto to build gcc using my local GIT source rather than standard location it uses. So by default the recipe to build GCC located in meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-5.2.inc points to
BASEURI = "${GNU_MIRROR}/gcc/gcc-${PV}/gcc-${PV}.tar.bz2"
as the location of the code. I don't want to change the released Yocto code and thus created my own meta layer. However, how to change that BASEURI location in my layer? Should I create the same meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-5.2.inc recipe for GCC in my layer? The bitbake will use that recipe (I hope) since my layer has higher priority. Or I can use the gcc_5.2.bbappend in my layer and change source location there?
Thanks so much,
-Ilya.