[yocto] Best practice for files copied directly into sysroot?

Michael Habibi mikehabibi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:26:15 PST 2015

I am working on potentially migrating our distribution to Yocto (will be a
long, long process). We have an area of our filesystem where any file
placed will go directly into the rootfs of the target. This works well with
our product, as we have certain binaries and scripts that need to be copied
directly, and there's no other real step involved (no compilation, etc). Is
there a best practice or existing class that handles this? I saw mention of
a binary/ directory but I wasn't sure if that was for this or something
else.

Thanks,
Michael