[yocto] generating shared-state statistics from build

Luke (Lucas) Starrett lstarret at broadcom.com
Tue Dec 1 07:23:01 PST 2015

Hi,

Is there any existing way to track usage of shared state by a build?  In a multi-user environment I'm interesting in knowing how often a build is hitting in the shared state cache vs. rebuilding.  Typically would have a globally visible shared state cache mirror updated by a nightly/periodic build, and a user-level shared state pointed to by one or more local workspaces.  We would want to understand if we have excessive cases for which the cache is not used.

I'm sure there's some way I can post-process numerous logs for a given image to get this info, but thought maybe this has been solved already.

Thanks,

Luke