[yocto] Toaster GUI with No Option

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Tue Dec 1 06:02:24 PST 2015

On 01/12/2015 13:01, "Albert K" <alberk at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I am have tried the following.  In fact, I am following the instruction
>from the Yocto 2.0 Toaster Manual.
>

>~poky/build> source ../bitbake/bin/toaster

This will start Toaster in what we call "analysis mode" and it should show
you a page like the one in your screenshot. The idea is you start your
builds from command line while Toaster is running. Toaster will collect
information about those builds you run from the cli and show it to you.
There are no 'projects' per se when you use Toaster this way: all your
builds go into a single project called "Command line builds".

>~poky> bitbake/bin/toaster

This should start Toaster in what we call "build mode", and it should show
you a UI with an option to create projects (looking like the one
attached). In this mode, you configure and run your builds using the
Toaster web interface, and you organise your configurations into projects.

If you are using this command and not seeing a page like the one in the
screenshot attached let me know: there is something funny going on.

Currently you use Toaster either on analysis mode or on build mode, and to
switch between modes you will need to stop Toaster and restart using the
appropriate command. Although you can share the same database between the
2 modes.

We know this is confusing and clunky and are working on providing a more
flexible single mode for Toaster.

I hope this helps.

Belén