[yocto] [meta-security-isafw] Introduction of new OE layer: start checking security of the images you are building!

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Thu Aug 27 13:57:10 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce to the Yocto community a new OE layer:
meta-security-isafw. The purpose of this layer is to enable analysis of
different security-related settings/configurations of the OS images that you
might be building, like being able to analyse packages for CVEs and
incompatible licenses, analyse the security options of your kernel config,
permissions of filesystem objects in the image filesystem root and etc.

The layer and the project behind it (isafw) is very new, so we are looking
forward for suggestions/requests on what kind of *security-related*
verification features you want to see in it.

Patches are also obviously very welcomed!  :)

We will continue develop and improve the layer in meanwhile.

OE layer:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-security-
isafw/

Direct repo link: https://github.com/01org/meta-security-isafw

The presentation of the isafw at last week's Linux Security Summit 2015:
http://kernsec.org/files/lss2015/reshetova.pdf

Best Regards,
Elena Reshetova

Intel Open Source Technology Center