[yocto] Multiple libgl poviders..

Rob Kramer rob at solution-space.com
Sun Aug 16 21:54:50 PDT 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to have PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl set to Mesa,
build an image against that, but also include a libgl-nvidia in the
package repository? The idea is to allow a device to be set up using a
generic installer, and then a new libgl can be installed if the hardware
uses Nvidia graphics.. Similar to how a dektop OS repoisitory would do it.

Alternatively, can I make just an image recipe that targets nvidia
graphics instead of Intel graphics? So I could do 'bitbake image-intel'
or 'bitbake image-nvidia' in the same build environment? I can't imagine
that would work though. Would I need two 20G build environments, even
though they are 99% the same?

Cheers,

      Rob