[yocto] Problem creating debug build with inlined functions

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:51:14 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Todd Efflam <todd.efflam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> We're trying to create a debug build so we can use our image with gdb,
> however we're unable to get it to compile.  We've added the lines
> "DEBUG_BUILD = "1"" and "EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-sdk dbg-pkgs
> tools-debug debug-tweaks"" to the local.conf file, but it seems to be
> failing on glibc.  The errors we get have to do with inlined functions
> (./tlsdeschtab.h:28:1: error: inlining failed in call to 'hash_tlsdesc':
> indirect function call with a yet undetermined callee [-Werror=inline]
> |  hash_tlsdesc (void *p)).  Are we missing a compile flag?  We tried adding
> -gdwarf-2 to the CFLAGS option in local.conf but still got the same error.
> Any help would be appreciated!

when you choose DEBUG_BUILD = "1" it also changes the default
optimization settings for glibc to -O which is -O1
really. Thats not a common flag used to build glibc so you might have
fallen into less used case

Please test out this patch and let me know if it fixed the problem for you

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/commit/?h=kraj/master&id=16935bb4b6df99c6443dab06c77a9cfd4eb35f5d