[yocto] Problem creating debug build with inlined functions

Todd Efflam todd.efflam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:25:43 PDT 2015

Hello,
We're trying to create a debug build so we can use our image with gdb,
however we're unable to get it to compile.  We've added the lines
"DEBUG_BUILD = "1"" and "EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "tools-sdk dbg-pkgs
tools-debug debug-tweaks"" to the local.conf file, but it seems to be
failing on glibc.  The errors we get have to do with inlined functions
(./tlsdeschtab.h:28:1: error: inlining failed in call to 'hash_tlsdesc':
indirect function call with a yet undetermined callee [-Werror=inline]
|  hash_tlsdesc (void *p)).  Are we missing a compile flag?  We tried
adding -gdwarf-2 to the CFLAGS option in local.conf but still got the same
error.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Todd