[yocto] No '/lib/modules' directory in image, modprobe fails

Todd Efflam todd.efflam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:53:57 PDT 2015

Hello,
We're trying to load and unload modules using modprobe but are having
problems.  The command fails with "modprobe: can't change directory to
'/lib/modules': no such file or directory".  There is actually no
/lib/modules directory on the image at all.  We tried to install the
linux-libc-headers package but it failed and I think the reason is we are
using the 3.14 kernel and the package is 3.19.  Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Todd