[yocto] libmcrypt not part of the image

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:43:37 PDT 2015

> I added the meta-openembedded layer to my configuration. I want to have libmcrypt (in meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support) on my system:
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL += "libmcrypt"
>
> The library (libmcrypt.so) is actually being built. Everything is located in "libmcrypt/2.5.8-r0/package/usr", however after flashing the image libmcrypt is not part of the filesystem.

build system has preset rules for shared libraries that follow the versioning scheme, in that scheme foo.so is a symlink to real shared object which is something like foo.x.y.z or something like that. then packager goes in and bundles the .so into -dev ipk and real shared object into proper ipk and all works. So is this library using versioning ? if not you have to jump through some hoops to let system know about that so it stats treating .so as final shared object and not as symlink.

> I tried writing some kind of "libmcrypt_%.bbappend" with
>
> do_install() {
> 	install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/package/usr ${D}/
> }

you need to specify filenames or wildchars something like  ${WORKDIR}/package/usr/bin/mybinary or something like that look at manpage of install utility for more insights