[yocto] libmcrypt not part of the image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 7 03:04:42 PDT 2015

On Friday 07 August 2015 11:25:40 yocto yocto wrote:
> I added the meta-openembedded layer to my configuration. I want to have
> libmcrypt (in meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support) on my system:
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL += "libmcrypt"

Where did you add this exactly?

> The library (libmcrypt.so) is actually being built. Everything is located
> in "libmcrypt/2.5.8-r0/package/usr", however after flashing the image
> libmcrypt is not part of the filesystem.
>
> I tried writing some kind of "libmcrypt_%.bbappend" with
>
> do_install() {
> install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/package/usr ${D}/
> }
>
> However, I get a bitbake error that do_install failed but there is exact
> message. Any ideas how to solve this properly?

If the files are under package/ then do_install is already working fine, so your
hack definitely isn't going to help.

When I have problems like this I generally follow this procedure to find the
issue:

1) Is do_install working? (check "image" subdirectory under the workdir for
the recipe, which is ${D})

2) Has do_package put the file in the package you think it should be in? (look
in "packages-split" under the workdir for the recipe; there are subdirectories
for each package created by the recipe)

3) Is the package really being installed? (check bitbake -e imagename and look
at the IMAGE_INSTALL value to see if it's really in there, and also look at
log.do_rootfs for the image - is the package mentioned?)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton