[yocto] qemux86 and generic86

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:29:08 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Amit Kumar
<Amit.Kumar at lnttechservices.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a basic doubts on qemux86 build application image is not working on
> generic86 target.
>
> Suppose I have a application which I would like to test on target board, but
> the target board is not yet ready. If I will want to test that application I
> will use the qemu  to test.

here you say you dont have board.

> But if I build the application for qemu, it does not work for actual target
> board.

here you say you have board.

 Anyway provide more information if you need further answers on as to
how it fails paste some logs or strace output etc.
qemux86 builds for i586 and those apps should work fine on newer x86
opposite might have problem.
genericx86 defaults to core2-32 which should be able to execute i586 apps.