[yocto] qemux86 and generic86

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:42:54 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM, Amit Kumar
<Amit.Kumar at lnttechservices.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a basic doubts on qemux86 build application image is not working on
> generic86 target.
>
> Suppose I have a application which I would like to test on target board, but
> the target board is not yet ready. If I will want to test that application I
> will use the qemu  to test.
>
> But if I build the application for qemu, it does not work for actual target
> board.
>
> Could you please let me know the details reason. If I want to do like that
> what I should have to do.

Are you concerned about the kernel, or userspace ? You say 'application', but
I wanted to be sure.

Assuming that your application is generic, and isn't using any machine specific
ops, then it will work fine on qemu and on a h/w target.

That being said, applications are typically rebuilt o be included in a different
image when switching between qemu and the h/w .. so they'l be rebuild and
relinked anyway.

Bruce

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Amit
>
> L&T Technology Services Ltd
>
> www.LntTechservices.com
>
> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
> use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from
> your system.

thee at its end"