[yocto] Stale warning?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Aug 4 08:04:59 PDT 2015

While I was fixing the python3 nativesdk recipe, I ran this
step a few times:
   $ bitbake nativesdk-python3 -C compile

After this, I get this warning:
   WARNING: virtual:nativesdk:/local/poky-cutting-edge/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.4.3.bb.do_compile is tainted from a forced run
which seems quite reasonable.  Once I had the compile errors
fixed, I moved the patches into the recipe and then rebuilt
from scratch (just the nativesdk-python3).  Even though the
package has been completely rebuilt (fetch/patch/...), I still
get this warning, which doesn't seem right to me.  The warning
only goes away if I clean the package:
   $ bitbake nativesdk-python3 -c clean