[yocto] Kernel customized do_fetch issue

Joel (Xi Zhou) Zhou joel.zhou at broadcom.com
Wed Apr 29 12:44:51 PDT 2015

Thanks Bruce!
> You really aren't seeing anything land in the build/downloads/git2/
> directory structure ? ssh fetches seem to work here.

I do see something in build/downloads/git2/git-ccxsw.xxx.com.linux-lsk, but it looks like an empty git.
	HEAD  branches	config	description  hooks  info  objects  packed-refs	refs

I bring up this issue to IT department, what they said is, the Yocto expects the url contains  host/repo, while gitolit requires host:repo.
This is interesting since the Yocto documentation explicitly mentions gitolite in the SCM section:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#best-practices-source-control-management

Thanks,
Joel