[yocto] Kernel customized do_fetch issue

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Apr 29 12:22:36 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-29 02:08 PM, Joel (Xi Zhou) Zhou wrote:
>> But the question has to be asked. Why exactly are you manually fetching
>> the kernel ? The fetcher can take care of most everything.
>
> The whole story is starting at the url of our git repo. We have a git URL like:
> 	ssh://svcswgit@git-ccxsw.inhouse.com/linux-lsk
>
> So the SRC_URI like this, but the fetcher try to apply "scp" over it.
> 	KBRANCH= 3.14_common_dev
> 	SRC_URI = "ssh://svcswgit@git-ccxsw.inhouse.com/linux-lsk;bareclone=1;branch=${KBRANCH}"
> Error:
> 	ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 1, output:
> 	FATAL: unknown git/gitolite command: 'scp -r -f linux-lsk'
>
> Then I change it  according the suggestion in this mailing list:
> 	SRC_URI = "git://svcswgit@git-ccxsw.inhouse.com/linux-lsk;bareclone=1;branch=${KBRANCH};protocol=ssh"
>
> This time "bitbake linux-lsk -c fetch" return no error, but the source folder in working directory is empty.
> 	In log.do_fetch
> 	DEBUG: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 8, output:
> 	http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/git2_git-ccxsw.rtp. inhouse.com. linux-lsk.tar.gz:
> 	2015-04-29 12:49:36 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I'd expect that it part of the log, since obviously the mirrors aren't
going to have a copy of your kernel.

You really aren't seeing anything land in the build/downloads/git2/
directory structure ? ssh fetches seem to work here.

You'd be better of working through the issues and getting the right
SRC_URI specification for the fetcher, since taking the fetch into a
custom routine is going to short circuit parts of the build .. and you'll
have to take care of them yourself.

Cheers,

Bruce