[yocto] Yocto linux-kernel

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Apr 29 06:19:47 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-29 07:11, Parthiban Kandasamy wrote:
> our previous development was in kernel-2.6.32, so we do not like change the kernel level specification for new project because i/o interfaces is like previous project and we are
> upgrading only processor card only, so we like to go on same kernel.

Please keep your replies on the mailing list so that all may benefit.

It's understandable that you would want to keep with familiar versions
but 2.6.32 dates from 2009, many years before the BeagleBoard was even
created.  It is unlikely that a kernel from that period would run on
that board.  Also, much of the Yocto infrastructure (e.g. udev) relies
on much newer kernels to function properly.

If you want to use newer hardware, you are inevitably going to need
the newer software that goes with it.