[yocto] U-Boot with a different default device tree, for BeagleBone-similar system

Matt Schuckmann Matt.Schuckmann at planar.com
Tue Apr 21 06:56:04 PDT 2015

Hi Craig,

Your setup sounds just like mine.
You need to modify u-boot itself to load your fdt file. The beaglebone black u-boot init routines reads some data from a eeprom at boot up to detect the board type and then configure things appropriately, including loading the appropriate fdt file.

In my layer I created a .bbappend file for u-boot to add board specific configuration header/source files with init routines for my board. In my case I just hardcoded the fdt file to load to my board file.

I hope this helps.

Matt S.