[yocto] How to add openmp to the target image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 21 03:12:56 PDT 2015

Hi Cristophe,

On Monday 20 April 2015 13:15:06 Christophe Coutand wrote:
> Is there a way to include the openmp library on the target image? when
> building the full target image for a freescale processor, I get gcc etc...
> installed on the target filesystem but not libgomp. It is however correctly
> deployed when installing the SDK on the host machine.

The library is packaged in a package called libgomp, headers are in a package
called libgomp-dev. You can add these to your image if you are looking to
build things on the target itself [1], but if you are simply building an
application that you want to link to this library from within the build
system, you should not need to explicitly add it because the build system will
pick up on the dynamic link and add a dependency from your application package
on the libgomp package automatically.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage