[yocto] A simpler way to apply custom config files to an image ?

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Thu Apr 16 23:00:34 PDT 2015

* Smith, Virgil <Virgil.Smith at flir.com> [150416 17:33]:

> > I want to customize various config file of an image I'm building (e.g.
> > network interfaces, sshd banner, hostapd, etc..).

> Paul Eggleton just gave a response to a similar question "Force install package last"
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2015-April/024548.html

> > - If not possible and I have to stick with bbappend to every recipe
> > concerned, then how could I do it in the case of a config file
> > coming from the source package instead of the recipe ?

> If I understand you correctly, that would be a patch.  For "unchecked"
> whole replacement of files, I've seen bbappends with a do_patch_append
> function to copy files (specified individually in SRC_URI like patch
> files) from the base of the work dir to the correct path under the
> source directory.

Unless the buildprocess heavily modifies the config file, I wouldn't
create a patch to patch it in the source tree. I'd rather just add the
complete config file to FILES +=... and then replace the one from the
source package with my copy in a do_install_appen() function.

This is by far the simplest way of those two.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander