[yocto] A simpler way to apply custom config files to an image ?

Smith, Virgil Virgil.Smith at flir.com
Thu Apr 16 08:31:41 PDT 2015

> I want to customize various config file of an image I'm building (e.g.
> network interfaces, sshd banner, hostapd, etc..).

Paul Eggleton just gave a response to a similar question "Force install package last"
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2015-April/024548.html

> - If not possible and I have to stick with bbappend to every recipe concerned,
> then how could I do it in the case of a config file coming from the source
> package instead of the recipe ?

If I understand you correctly, that would be a patch.  For "unchecked" whole replacement of files, I've seen bbappends with a do_patch_append function to copy files (specified individually in SRC_URI like patch files) from the base of the work dir to the correct path under the source directory.

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.