[yocto] Force to install package last

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Apr 16 02:36:56 PDT 2015

Hi David,

On Wednesday 15 April 2015 20:22:11 METHOT, DAVID wrote:
> I made a package recipe to merge files into my final rootfs (mostly init
> scripts under /etc).
>
> These files may be overriden by other packages so it is crucial that they
> remain intact.
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to make sure a package is the last one to
> be installed in the rootfs.

There is no mechanism for this. There are two alternative means to do this
kind of thing (just for the files that are already packaged by other recipes):

A) Use bbappends on the original recipes that package these files to change
them there as desired

or

B) Create a shell function in your image which makes the desired modifications
under ${IMAGE_ROOTFS} and add it to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND; it will be
called towards the end of the image construction.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton