[yocto] 1.7.1 ADT-installer errors

heli Atck heliatck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 01:24:59 PDT 2015

Hi, I'm new to Yocto (and embedded Linux for that matter). I was following
the ADT manual to get started with application development. I tried using
the ADT-installer script, but ran into some errors.

Here's the relevant part of the installer log file:

*Creating directory /home/spe/test-yocto/qemux86...Extracting rootfs:
core-image-sato-sdk-qemux86.tar.bz2, using pseudo...tar (child):
./download_image/core-image-sato-sdk-qemux86.tar.bz2: Cannot open: No such
file or directorytar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting nowtar:
Child returned status 2tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now*

There are no files in my /download_image directory so I guess they have not
been properly retrieved from the repository. I looked at the repository for
1.7.1 at http://adtrepo.yoctoproject.org/1.7.1/rootfs/qemux86/ and some of
the relevant files seem to be missing.

Or did I mis a step somewhere?

Sammy