[yocto] Package reduction(package minimisation) for minimal rootfs

Dilip Basavaraju DILIP.KUMARB at LNTTECHSERVICES.COM
Fri Apr 10 00:04:39 PDT 2015

Dear All,

                I have task to minimize the root file system, by removing busy box and adding additional packages in place of busybox like core-utils, binutils, tiny-login etc.

                I have tried some of the approach of trimming rootfs and poky tiny version.

                Additional packages greatly increased my rootfs size.

                Please clarify my doubts,

1.       Is it possible to remove un-necessary files/executebls/libraries from the package, if so kindly guide me in minimization.

2.       Can I change the do_config in recipe of the package to customize the contents of the package?

3.       Is there any possibility I can control which all files to added to the rootfs from do_rootfs or any other configuration.

4.       For this kind requirement is own custom distribution a good approach?

Please guide me in this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks and regards
DILIP KUMAR B

L&T Technology Services Ltd

www.LntTechservices.com<http://www.lnttechservices.com/>

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.