[yocto] bblayer priorities ignored for bbappends?

Tobias Olausson tobias.olausson at pelagicore.com
Tue Apr 7 23:54:20 PDT 2015

Hi!

I just had a weird experience with yocto and I wanted to know if the
described behaviour is intentional.

I have a layer with priority 7 containing a recipe, foo.bb. In another
layer, with priority 8, there is a foo.bbappend. Finally, I just added
another layer, with priority 9, where foo.bb is redefined as a binary
recipe.

When I added the last layer, I expected that to take precedence over the
other two. However, the bbappend for foo is still applied (which in this
case changed the SRC_URI, making the whole binary recipe moot). Is this
really the way it's supposed to be? I would expect that lower layers cannot
influence layers with higher priority at all, but that does not seem to be
the case.

Cheers,
Tobias Olausson
M.Sc
Software Engineer

PELAGICORE | Experience Change
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46(0)735-873444
E-Mail: tobias.olausson at pelagicore.com
IRC: wto @ FreeNode