[yocto] Eclipse plug-in

Nemicolopterus Crypticus ncrypticus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:18:17 PDT 2014

I'm having issues getting the eclipse plug-in to work.  The script that
initializes the environment gets built properly, and I am able to run
"make" from the command line. But for some reason, Eclipse seems to be
configured incorrectly.

Background:
    |--- Kepler 4.3.2 installed.
    |--- Completed all of the steps in 4.2.2.1.2 from here
<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#adt-eclipse>
(i.e.,
I configured Eclipse)
    |--- I installed the pre-built plugin from here
<http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/eclipse-plugin/1.6/kepler/>.
    |--- Because I'm using the toolchain from within the build directory, I
followed these instructions
<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#using-the-toolchain-from-within-the-build-tree>
.

[?] - At this stage, how can I confirm that the toolchain is built
properly? I can see the environment-setup script is there, and it properly
sets the environment. Is there anything else I should see to confirm?

Current steps:
1. Source the above-referenced environment-setup script, and then in that
same shell I open eclipse.
2. Set the "Toolchain Root Location" to the build directory, just above the
tmp directory, where above-referenced script is located.
3. Set the Sysroot Location to the appropriate directory.
**I am unable to set the Target Architecture - because the box is grayed
out. I don't know why this would be the case.**

When I hit "apply" I see this error:

Specified toolchain directory does not contain a toolchain
generated with "bitbake meta-ide-support"

What am I missing? Getting this Eclipse plug-in would be immensely helpful.
I appreciate all suggestions.