[yocto] Specified toolchain directory does not contain a toolchain generated with meta-ide-support.

Bob Cochran yocto at mindchasers.com
Fri Sep 12 12:24:44 PDT 2014

On 09/12/2014 12:57 PM, Nemicolopterus Crypticus wrote:
>  >Just double checking that you are specifying the "toolchain root
> location" as your top level build directory (the one above
> /conf/local.conf - the directory where you run bitbake).
>
> Yes that occurred to me too, since the phrasing is a bit unclear. I
> tried both.  Here's a depiction of my directory structure:
>
> oe-core
>       |---- build
>            |---- conf (including local.conf)
>            |---- downloads
>            |---- tmp-eglibc
>               |---- environment-setup-blahblah
>               |---- <etc.>
>            |---- <etcc>
>       |---- bitbake
>       |---- gcc-toolchain
>       |---- meta
>       |---- <etc. lots more>
>
> I tried with the root at build, and in build/tmp-eglibc with no luck.
>
> Is it possible the toolchain didn't get built?

What happens when you source your environment script?  You should have
your path set up to find your cross toolchain.  If that's the case, you
should be able to run the toolchain on the command line.

I work with the powerpc toolchain, so I can cross-compile a simple test
app after sourcing my env script:

powerpc64-poky-linux-gcc main.c -o tst

and verify I have generated a 64-bit powerpc ELF executable with

file tst

I'm just wondering since