[yocto] Feed URIs not inserted to /etc/opkg

Matthias Gwerder matthias.gwerder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 08:16:09 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I’m using ipk packages and runtime package management.

When migrating from dora to daisy, I noticed that the package feed
URIs are not being configured any more in the do_rootfs_ipk task. The
final /etc/opkg directory in the target root fs contains a basic
opkg.conf, but no local-ARCH-feed.conf files any more.

According to the documentation, it should be sufficient to append
“package-management” to IMAGE_FEATURES and define the
FEED_DEPLOYDIR_BASE_URI in local.conf.

I am referring to the following documentation:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-FEED_DEPLOYDIR_BASE_URI
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#using-runtime-package-management

Am I missing some changes there? Or has anyone else seen the same behavior?

(I also noticed there is an IPK_FEED_URIS variable in the reference
manual, but defining that one did not help either.)

Matthias