[yocto] systemd crashes above emergency runlevel

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 05:18:07 PDT 2014

Ilya,

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Ilya Dmitrichenko <errordeveloper at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have built an image form Beaglebone (white) with systemd instead of
> sysvinit and it crashes after loading a few services. I'm suspecting
> it's to do with getty taking over the console tty, but not quite sure.
>
> What I see that the serial port terminal (tried screen and
> miniterm.py) gets disconnected and something occurs to the FTDI serial
> port so OS X kernel doesn't see it again.
>
> I was able to boot with init=/bin/sh and set default.target to
> emergency.target and from there calling `/sbin/init 1` started more
> systemd units and then crashed the same way.
>
> Any ideas?

What systemd version you are using?

I have two different problems with systemd (208 - did not tested on newer
versions yet).

1 - The boot was reaching Emergency Mode giving me this kind of message:

systemd-fsck[136]: Config: Superblock last mount time (Mon Jan  6 17:54:44
2014,
systemd-fsck[136]: now = Wed Jan  1 07:14:39 2014) is in the future.
systemd-fsck[136]: Config: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
systemd-fsck[136]: (i.e., without -a or -p options)

This was solved by having the /etc/e2fsck.conf file with this content:

[options]
broken_system_clock = true

2 - The other issue is related with journal log files rotation. It did not
respect the restrictions configured at journal.conf. If you have
consecutive power cycles (without issuing linux shutdown process) the
"currupted" logs is not going to be rotated and it time it boots a new log
file is created. After some time the memory is full and some process cannot
start because of this.

Can you send your boot log?

Regards,

--