[yocto] systemd crashes above emergency runlevel

Ilya Dmitrichenko errordeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 04:45:28 PDT 2014

I have built an image form Beaglebone (white) with systemd instead of
sysvinit and it crashes after loading a few services. I'm suspecting
it's to do with getty taking over the console tty, but not quite sure.

What I see that the serial port terminal (tried screen and
miniterm.py) gets disconnected and something occurs to the FTDI serial
port so OS X kernel doesn't see it again.

I was able to boot with init=/bin/sh and set default.target to
emergency.target and from there calling `/sbin/init 1` started more
systemd units and then crashed the same way.

Any ideas?

--
Ilya