[yocto] Package not found in base feeds with custom BSP but default settings

Sylvain Décastel scadlye at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:04:51 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I have not so much experience with oe, and I am facing an error that I
cannot understand yet. I tried to search on the web about his issue,
but I did not find any useful result.

Here is what I did with my oe :

- Install yocto project and checkout daisy branch
- Set up a build directory : myBeagle
- Configure for beaglebone
- bitbake core-image-minimal
=> Everything is OK

Now I wan to create my own BSP
- Setup a BSP layer with the yocto-bsp create tool => meta-myBeagleBSP
- Config is let by default for beaglebone
- Update my local.conf to select myBeagleBSP target
- bitbake core-image-minimal

=> Everything seems to build fine
=> But when running the do_rootfs, I get this error message :
ERROR: packagegroup-core-boot not found in the base feeds (myBeagleBSP
armv7a-vfp-neon armv7a-vfp armv7a armv6-vfp armv6 armv5e-vfp armv5e
armv5-vfp armv5 armv4 arm noarch any all)

This is followed by tons of package names in red.

I found in the document that the base feeds is the content of the
folders under tmp/deploy/rpm and in the tmp/deploy/rpm/myBeagleBSP
folder I can find these packages :
packagegroup-core-boot-1.0-r17.mybeaglebsp.rpm
packagegroup-core-boot-dbg-1.0-r17.mybeaglebsp.rpm
packagegroup-core-boot-dev-1.0-r17.mybeaglebsp.rpm

So I think that I am missing something, but I don't know what . I let
nearly every settings to default values. And I cannot figure out why
the beaglebone machine can build fine but my own machine with same
settings is failing...

Thanks, best regards

~Slyde~