[yocto] bash tab completion not working

Denis Laroche dlaroche7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:24:40 PDT 2014

> On 26 October 2014 21:41, Denis Laroche <dlaroche7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I also added the layer to the build/conf/bblayers.conf file. Alas,
>> after rebuilding bash it still doesn't have a dependency on readline
>> and tab completion still doesn't work.
>>
>> Would someone have a suggestion?
>

> Did you check the configure log to verify that bash was actually enabling
> readline, and if not then it hopefully says why.
>
> Ross

Thanks for the reply. Yes I see the log of configure that readline is enabled:

config.status: creating lib/readline/Makefile

What's interesting is the binary I built is much bigger than the
original (2963751 vs 847044 bytes). Looking at the log of the compile,
I can see that readline is built and is linked statically, which would
explain the bigger size of the executable and why ldd doesn't report
it.

But the end result is still the same.