[yocto] Ubuntu 14.04 as a build host for "danny"

Matt Schuckmann Matt.Schuckmann at planar.com
Tue Oct 21 15:09:02 PDT 2014

I am currently developing for the TI AM335x using Ubuntu 14.04 and working with Yocto and the Arago layer and the versions for their SDK 7.0 which is on the Danny branch.
I am not using the GStreamer stuff so I cannot comment on that specifically.

I did run into one problem with the latest version of makeinfo(texinfo) installed with Ubuntu 14.04. I can't remember the details but some documentation wouldn't build or something like that. I think this was Arago specific but I can't remember for sure.
Basically I downgraded texinfo to version 4.13.

Matt S.