[yocto] local.conf assignment priority with autobuilder

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 17 09:32:40 PDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 02:45 PM, Jate Sujjavanich wrote:
> I am attempting to control debug-tweaks via an image recipe.

> local.conf. However, meta/conf/bitbake.conf says that the include order is
> auto.conf, and then local.conf.

Correct, the autobuilder will use auto.conf to load it's modifications,
but as you note in bitbake.conf, the local.conf will also be loaded
after auto.conf.

> This means that the default local.conf.template installed overrides with a
> regular assignment.
>
> EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks"
>

> Perhaps the assignment in local.conf be a weak one, i.e. ?= where it would
> not override a previous assignment.

You can use EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES_remove = "debug-tweaks" which will
remove it when it's finalized.

If you want to add to EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES you can use += operation.

Sau!