[yocto] Busybox sh link

Stefan Eichenberger stefan.eichenberger at netmodule.com
Tue Nov 18 08:34:31 PST 2014

On 11/18/2014 04:07 AM, ChenQi wrote:
> On 11/17/2014 10:07 PM, Stefan Eichenberger wrote:
>> Hello all
>>
>> I have a question regarding busybox and sh. If I want to install bash
>> together with busybox ash, yocto does not consider the
>> ALTERNATIVE_PRIORITY in each case (e.g. if bash is installed before
>> busybox). The problem is that do_install of busybox creates a link to
>> busybox.nosuid. Is there a reason for that? Shouldn't
>> update-alternatives create that link for us? There is already a patch
>> available that targets this problem
>> (467b19efbaa9c0cb04d2665e8cd9a0919849a5ed ) but it only works if ash
>> is completely disabled in the busybox config.
>>
>> So the main question is, wouldn't it be possible to remove this lines
>> completely?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stefan
>>

> I can confirm that this is indeed a problem. And we need to fix this.
> I think the reason for this line is mainly to make 'busybox' provide
> '/bin/sh' so that do_rootfs would succeed.
>
> Regards,
> Chen Qi

Probably I miss something but I don't understand why do_rootfs fails if
the link is not provided? Isn't the link created anyhow during package
installation in the postinstall script with update-alternatives if
necessary?

For testing I removed the link creation temporary from the recipe and
built the core-image-minimal for qemux86, it was creating the link
correctly in this case.

Regards,
Stefan