[yocto] Making Hob better.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 12 09:33:39 PST 2014

Hi John,

On Tuesday 11 November 2014 11:51:23 John Unland wrote:
> What about bootloaders? Where would I file a enhancement for different
> boot loaders (U-Boot, Lilo, etc.). Would be good if we had a boot
> loaders layer.

I'm not sure a separate bootloaders layer would really make sense - we
normally keep bootloaders either in OE-Core (where we currently have u-boot,
grub, grub-efi, syslinux, gummiboot, etc.) or in specific BSPs where a specific
bootloader is needed (or a specific version of an existing bootloader, e.g.
BSPs shipping their own version of u-boot is common). FWIW there is also a
meta-initramfs layer in the meta-openembedded repository which contains
kexecboot.

Are there bootloader(s) that you are looking for that are currently missing?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton