[yocto] Truncated 64 bit return from kernel space

Padua, Anthony B anthony.b.padua at lmco.com
Fri Nov 7 08:38:33 PST 2014

Hello all,

I have a custom kernel module driver that returns a truncated 64-bit value. The first 32-bits are missing.

The driver is called using llseek() and the address used in user space and in kernel space is 64-bits, but when returning from kernel space, the first 32-bits gets truncated, only returning the second half. I've used printk on the address value before returning it in the driver and it is the full 64-bit address. The return is using loff_t, and I'm using a genericx86-64 Linux kernel.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,