[yocto] do_install() is not getting called

hari kumar harikumar523 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Nov 8 04:07:24 PST 2014

Hi All,

I am creating a new recipe in bsp layer. So I created a bb file inside the recipe.
Then from the build directory, I am able to successfully compile the source files and was able to create the library ( bitbake -c compile -f <package_name> ). This is a makefile based package and I don't have an install target in my Makefile. So I am writing a do_install in my bb file and I am doing install there. I can see that do_compile task is getting called. But do_install ( which was overridden in my bb file ) task is not called and the images and libraries are not installed in the sysroots directory.

Bitbake Snippet :

SRC_URI = "file://src/"

PV = "1.0"

S = "${WORKDIR}/src/"

EXTRA_OEMAKE = "CFLAGS=--sysroot=${PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR} 'LDFLAGS=-lpthread -lrt ${LDFLAGS}'"

do_install () {
oe_runmake install DESTDIR=${D} SBINDIR=${sbindir} MANDIR=${mandir}     INCLUDEDIR=${includedir}
       install -d ${D}${includedir}/
for f in ${S}/*.h; do install -m 0644 $f ${D}${includedir}/ done
}
PARALLEL_MAKE = ""
#BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"

Could you please suggest why do_install is not getting called for this Makefile based system ?