[yocto] do_install() is not getting called

hari kumar harikumar523 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 10 02:28:28 PST 2014

Thanks Christian. It worked. I gave bitbake -c install to install it.

Regards
Hari

On Saturday, 8 November 2014 6:00 PM, Christian Ege <k4230r6 at gmail.com> wrote:

Am 08.11.2014 13:10 schrieb "hari kumar" <harikumar523 at yahoo.co.in>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am creating a new recipe in bsp layer. So I created a bb file inside the recipe.
> Then from the build directory, I am able to successfully compile the source files and was able to create the library ( bitbake -c compile -f <package_name> ). This is a makefile based package and I don't have an install target in my Makefile. So I am writing a do_install in my bb file and I am doing install there. I can see that do_compile task is getting called. But do_install ( which was overridden in my bb file ) task is not called and the images and libraries are not installed in the sysroots directory.

By running bitbake -f -c compile the do_install is not called. Either you call bitbacke package_name or to force install butbake -c install.
Sometime a clean or cleanall before a compile also helps. This is needed if you already had a successfull run.
Regards
Christian