[yocto] Build optimization question

Dean dean at ripperd.com
Sat Nov 8 06:00:10 PST 2014

So I am using core-image-minimal and trying to shrink things as much as
possible for boot speed. I wrap the bitbake command in some other
commands to basically extract the image and then attach it to a kernel
as a ramdisk. So the size of the image is critical to boot speed.

In some of my custom packages I have used -Os in the gcc command line.
Is there a way to set this globally for all the packages built into the
image?

Any other hints or tips to reduce the size of the build? Or potential
changes to u-boot to make it load faster? This is running on a
beaglebone black.

Thanks,
Dean