[yocto] Added package to RDEPENDS in packagegroup, image that IMAGE_INSTALLs packagegroup not rebuilt

Isak Lichtenstein Isak.Lichtenstein at kistler.com
Wed Nov 5 23:59:15 PST 2014

Hi Martin,

I've spent yesterday morning trying to debug a similar problem. I had INHERIT += "rm_work" enabled in my local.conf file, and when removing it, I go the following error.:
ERROR: No such task: do_rm_work
ERROR: Task 10 (/home/user/branches/dev/yocto/meta-libtest/recipes-support/libtest/libtest_1.0.bb, do_rm_work) failed with exit code '1'.

bitbake -e libtest | grep INHERIT showed me that rm_work was still around despite having removed it from my local.conf .
	INHERIT=" rm_work own-mirrors buildhistory toaster poky-sanity package_ipk image-mklibs image-prelink debian devshell sstate license blacklist sanity toaster buildhistory"

Eventually I worked out that it was because I had Toaster running that the changes in local.conf where only partially picked up, and that's what created the error.

I'm not sure if this bug is related to the one you're seeing, but in case it is, it's definitely easier to reproduce than deleting/renaming the cache directories.

BR

Isak