[yocto] Change in packagegroup doesn't cause image rebuild

Vuille, Martin (Martin) vmartin at avaya.com
Sat Nov 1 08:57:34 PDT 2014

Yocto 1.6.1 / daisy

I'm making the transition from denzil/1.2 to daisy.

I have converted tasks from 1.2 to packagegroups.

Something is not working properly, and perhaps I am doing
something wrong, or perhaps my expectations are incorrect.

My image recipes refer to my package groups in IMAGE_INSTALL.
My packagegroup recipes list the packages in each group in
RDEPENDS_${PN}.

After a recent build, I made a change to one of the packagegroups
by adding a package.

I then rebuilt the images that include this packagegroup, but
bitbake didn't do anything.

I then bumped the PR in the packagegroup recipe, but that
didn't make bitbake rebuild anything either.

Clearly I'm missing something important. Any ideas?

MV